Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Jay-Z Goes Left & Adds Teriyaki For Flavor

Whut It Dew? This is DJ Xcalibur back once again. I was kind of shook up last weekend, but I'm back on my P's and Q's. Now you have(or have not) heard about Jay-Z's new artist driven label Def Jam Left. Well, as of September 30th everybodies favorite Hip-hop band, the Roots, officially signed to Def Jam Left. They are also putting the finishing touches on their new album Game Theory. That is dope! Being a big fan of the Roots, I think this will be a good move for them.

Moving to The Land Rising Sun, Jay-Z has just signed his first Japanese act. The Teriyaki Boyz, which is headed by DJ/producer/A Bathing Ape genius Nigo. The debut album, Beef or Chicken, features production from DJ Premier, DJ Shadow, Mark Ronson, Dan the Automator, Ad Rock of Beastie Boys, Just Blaze, and last, but not least The Neptunes. Beef or Chicken is due in stores November 16th. I admit, I was kind of so-so on these cats, because of their name, but now I will be the first one in line to get the album. DON'T SLEEP!!!!

Jay-Z is also keeping himself busy by executive producing Mike Shinoda's Hip-hop project, The Rising Tied, and co-executive producing Chicago newcomer Lupe Faisco's debut, Food & Liquor. There is also a hefty little rumor going around that Hova is working on a comeback album. Man, Young Hova is busy! Maybe if I come out with an album I can get help from Hova and Pharrell or at least Nigo.

That does it for me loyal fans, MHHL.

DJ Xcalibur

No comments: