Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Gangsta Grillllz!!!

Ok Ok Ok! What up people! Your boy Xcalibur is back and I decided to show support to my boy DJ Drama (ipod King). I love this cat! I feel like I know him because of his mixtapes. In fact dare I say I am spoiled be this man. I mean his mixtapes are so dangerous that I don't really look for anyone else's. Ok here we go and as Drama would say "PAY ATTENTION!"

If you are not familiar with Drama's mixtapes then you have been living under a rock for the pass couple of years. This man has redefined to way mixtape is done. He takes the latest and greatest in hip-hop and does special editions with content that is exclusive and will keep you guessing who is going to be on the next one. Don't think that the south is the only target he goes all over the map with these Gangsta Grillz exclusives

Now many of you might know Drama because he is T.I.'s DJ of choice, if you want to get technical both helped elevate each others careers. In fact Drama is signed to T.I.'s Grand Hustle record label and plans on release an official Gangsta Grillz album (more on that later). Drama is a busy man nowadays. He has his own label and a crew of DJs and artist that are ready to cause havoc and make sure you get "Aphilliated."

Time to introduce the crew. First I have to introduce the Aphilliates DJ crew. The Aphilliates are Drama, DJ Don Cannon(CANNON!!), DJ Sense(Trendsetta!), DJ Jamad, DJ Ox Banga, and DJ Jaycee(who is also down with DTP). Ok Ok now to introduce the artist on AMG (Aphilliates Music Group). These cats are dangerous and ready to blow. They are Wille the Kid & Detroit Red (correct me if I'm wrong Drama). Now that you have been brought up to speed lets continue. Drama has just completed a deal with Asylum Records to debut his artist. I think this is awesome because these cats will get the exposer they deserve and not just on mixtapes.

Don't think that just because Drama has been busy with the official album and his artist that he won't still bang out mixtapes. I heard over the wire that he is doing on with Gillie the Kid (not to be confused with Willie the Kid) and OutKast. OutKast!!! Do you know how big that is?!?!? He has already worked with so many south legends already and OutKast is finally coming! And Andre is going to be rapping!! Rapping SON!! OK I'm excited and can't wait...As far as the official Gangsta Grillz
goes all I know is that all of AMG and Grand Hustle is going to be on there, but there are also a bunch of other artist that are going to be on there but I don't know who. The project is been kept under lock and key and not a lot about it has been given away, but I will let you know when more things about it develops.

Well that is all from me for now. Stay tuned for my album reviews on Obie Trice and Rick Ross. In the mean time go get a Gangsta Grillz mixtape and get APHILLIATED!!! Check the technique!! Afrolutely!! HAHA!!

Xcalibur aka Mr. Intel

No comments: