Friday, July 11, 2008

XXL's Top 10 Indie Hip-Hoppers & Snubs


OK I'm glad I put off doing this so I could post the 10 ten list along with the snubs. Basically XXLMag.com took a look at the top 10 indie Hip-Hoppers. I agreed with most of them no question...one i didn't agree with, hey can't win them all. Here is a link for the top 10

XXL's Big 10!!

FYI so you know Shawty Lo was the one I didn't agree with and I'll explain why in a minute.

Now the Snub list was F****** full of great artists that should have been on the Big 10. One snub I took to heart was Tech N9ne. I bought Killer AND keep Everready in the rotation constantly. My issue starts with me being from Kansas City, Mo, like ninety-five percent of it actually. But even if I was not, dude is too ill on to snubbed not only by XXL, but AllHipHop.com as well when they reviewed Everready when it dropped. XXL said "The Kansas City-based veteran rapper just landed at number one on the Billboard independent album charts with his latest LP, Killer. We like totally missed that one." And AllHipHop.com said this about Everready in '06 "However, in whole, the music on Everready is disjointed and inconsistent. Rather than establishing a sound of his own, the Tech's album consists of a la carte beats made to appeal to old school, South, West, and Rock audiences." The Midwest takes influences from everywhere man, chill with the down talk. Other Snubs I was not happy about were as follows, Elzi from Slum Village, Little Brother, Skyzoo, Termmanology....well damn!! Let's just say the whole list!!!! While at most I think Little Brother and Tech N9ne deserved to be in the Big 10. Check the list:

Honorable Snubs

Now for the Shawty Lo issue....(sigh). They disquilified Wale (for being signed to Interscope) and Saigon (for talking to majors after leaving Atlantic). Now Shawty Lo is signed to Atlantic.....HUH!?!?! Being signed to Asylum Records and Atlantic still makes you major, and fyi Asylum is a subsidary of the Atlantic/Warner family, so still major. And he lack lyrics man....sorry EL-O...and layoff T.I..

I'm done ranting Haha!!

Xcalibur

No comments: