Tuesday, June 03, 2008

David Banner Pushed Back....Again....


David Banner's long delayed album, The Greatest Story Ever Told, which was scheduled to drop today, has again been pushed back to a later date next month.

This is not the first time that Banner has had his release date moved. As SOHH previously reported, the rapper's fourth solo album was originally scheduled for release last September.

The Greatest Story Ever Told boasts guest spots from Lil' Wayne, Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, Jim Jones, UGK and Yung Joc, among others. Banner's lead single, "Speaker" featuring Weezy and Snoop was released last year. The Mississippi-based rapper just released a video for his latest single, "Get Like Me" with Brown and Joc.

SOHH recently chopped it up with Banner to talk about his album title.

"I think it's The Greatest Story Ever Told 'cause it's just my life," he explained. "Coming from Mississippi not having major backing, not having no dope money connected to my project. It was just a dude standing out on the corner selling his CDs. Me moving to New York homeless, I stayed in the garment district. Being in Atlanta sleeping on the floor with dogs and just pumping my stuff out of the trunks. Doing whatever it took that didn't compromise my manhood or my spirituality; I did it in order to make it."

"It just got to the point that when I look back on my life and dude told me 'you should write a book,'" he continued. "And all those trials and tribulations from my father dying, to Hurricane Katrina, all of that made The Greatest Story Ever Told."

David Banner's new disc hits stores on July 15th via SRC/Universal Motown.

Story By Giuseppe Ginsberg for SOHH.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol if it gets pushed back again he should just jack Sai's album title all the way.