Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Young Jeezy Gets Ready For "The Recession"



Young Jeezy is currently prepping the release of his third studio disc The Recession. SOHH recently caught up with the Georgia rapper to explain the title of his new album and offer fans a glimpse of what to expect.

Known for delivering street anthems, Jeezy plans on sprinkling a little bit of politics on his new album.

"The whole purpose of this album basically is to let people know that I'm aware of what's going on," he told SOHH. "I'm known for making those national anthems and when you get this album its gonna be full of national anthems, it's going to be full street stuff to help you get through your day, [and] its gonna be full of politics here and there to help you understand if you ain't enlightened."

Confident with the direction of the project, Jeezy said he has definitely stepped his game up this go around.

"I hear people talking about the lyricism. I might surprise y'all, I'm getting better with time," he said. "This album right here might be some of my best work, hands down. So when this album drops I wanna see what everybody gotta say."

Speaking on the reasoning behind the album's title, Jeezy said it represented what he was feeling about the economy and how it was a natural transition from his previous album titles.

"I went from Thug Motivation to The Inspiration and [now] The Recession," he said. "And that's just how I'm feeling, I'm feeling the recession. I'm feeling the drought and I'm gonna speak on it. And when I speak on it you're gonna appreciate it."

While his first single "Put On" with Kanye West is getting a big street buzz , the former trap star would not reveal who else will be featured on his album.

"I'm gonna have some features on there y'all wouldn't expect," he said. "I ain't going for what's hot I'm going for what's clever."

In addition to working on the album, Jeezy has recently launched his new blog and social networking site, USDA2day.com, which he used to release his new mixtape, The Prime Minister, for free.

As of press time there is no set release date for The Recession, but Jeezy is currently planning the release of his second single, "Crazy World."

Originally Written By Cyrus Langhorne for SOHH.com

No comments: