Thursday, June 05, 2008

Peedi Crakk Signs New Indie Deal & Preps New Album


Peedi Crakk recently signed with Amalgam Digital, joining Lil' Kim and Joe Budden at the independent label.

"Yup. I'm back! And I feel unstoppable," Peedi said via a press release. "My flow is advanced and as an artist, I'm getting better, especially without the claws of Roc-A-Fella digging at my back."

The former Roc-A-Fella artist was ousted from Jay-Z's old label earlier this year after he'd been held to a contract and not allowed to put out a debut album, according to Peedi.

"I've been a free agent for the past three months and now signing with the Amalgam Digital label for my first project I feel even more unstoppable," the rapper said. "They are providing exactly what Peedi always needed -- proper promotion and distribution."

During the height of his discontent with the Roc, he put out a diss track titled "Sorry," that began circulating last summer, expressing his anger with Jay over his debut project continually being put on hold. But he said earlier this year that that song would be the last of its kind.

"At the time I was upset but now I'm not worried about that anymore," Peedi told SOHH back in January. "You won't hear no new diss records. I'm past that."

However, Peedi's debut album on Amalgam is titled Camel Face Hunting Season.

Camel Face Hunting Season begins September '08. The first single off the album, "More Towels," is produced by Vinny Idol

Written By Rondell Conway for SOHH.com

No comments: